Kicking off Women's History Month
This morning, the Mirman community pondered the importance of Women's History Month and International Women's Day.
The theme for this year's International Women's Day is #BeBoldForChange.
Students from across Lower and Upper School came up to read poetry and reflect, many proudly wearing red in honor of the day and some in solidarity with the "A Day Without A Woman" general strike movement, which is a peaceful demonstration to promote equity, justice, and human rights for all women. Some of the most powerful moments of the assembly came when students shared their own examples of how they live up to the theme #BeBoldForChange.
* "Skiing a black diamond."
* "Using my voice to stick up for myself and other people."
* "Standing up for what I believe in."
* "Standing up for my classmates when someone puts them down."
* "I broke the gender barrier in Mr. Krejcarek's woodworking class."
* "I don't like public speaking, but I do it anyway!"
* "I attended the Women's March."