Art in Fourth Grade
The elements of art and principles of design are reinforced throughout the year as students explore and engage with a variety of projects steadily working toward mastery. Students will continue to be introduced to a selection of artists and art historical movements in conjunction with their projects.
- Produce compositions with one-point and three-point perspective.
- Develop their painting skills by applying previously and newly learned watercolor, tempera, and acrylic techniques.
- Understand a variety of Western and Nonwestern cultures, such as Persian miniatures, abstract Cubist paintings, African three-dimensional masks, and Islamic geometric designs.
- Understand and apply three-dimensional understanding by building a clay object.
- Find inspiration for their own work in a multiple of artistic techniques and through exposure to a variety of artists and art historical movements.