Art in Kindergarten
Kindergarten is a year for exploring the fundamentals of art and reinforcing the joy of creating. They are introduced to a variety of art tools and media.
- Understand the elements of art and principles of design to build foundational skills.
- Build the kinesthetic skills toward introductory cutting, pasting, folding, and accurately tearing paper for the correct placement of objects.
- Practice basic painting skills.
- Experience basic clay skills including forming clay into shapes, modeling, and ceramic painting.
- Understand color families.
- Understand the fundamentals of tints and shades.
- Practice basic drawing skills.
- Understand art genres of landscape, still life, portrait, and non-objective.
March 18, 2016 |Music
December 16, 2015 |Music