Mathematics in Kindergarten
Students focus on addition and subtraction, whole number relationships, place value, the introduction of measurement, reasoning with shapes, time, and money.
- Develop increasingly sophisticated strategies for addition and subtraction facts to 20.
- Model, solve, and pose a variety of story problems to construct meaning for the operations of addition and subtraction.
- Discuss, develop, use and generalize methods for accurately and efficiently adding within 100 and subtracting multiples of 10.
- Count and compare quantities.
- Identify, describe, construct, draw, compare, compose and sort shapes.
- Identify coin values and develop addition and subtraction strategies particular to money.
Lower School Mathematics Coordinator / Instructional Data Coordinator
April 4, 2016 |Science