PE in Kindergarten
The Mirman Physical Education Department emphasizes guiding students toward being physically fit individuals, provides an experience tailored to each student's respective abilities, and advocates well-developed social-emotional skills.
Kindergarten will be participating in PE according to the Shape National Standards.
Physical Education in Kindergarten offers the students an introduction to the concepts underlying physical education. Students learn about and participate in concepts including sportsmanship, coordinated movement, spatial awareness, locomotor skills, and body awareness through activities such as game play, fitness and exercise instruction, and engagement about rules of play.
- Establish and practice daily fitness routines.
- Practice stretching.
- Engage in cardiovascular exercises.
- Understand muscle strength training.
- Socialize and practice beginning teamwork skills.
- Practice tossing and catching towards improving hand/eye coordination.
- Play games to engage in fast-twitch muscle movement.