Mathematics in Second Grade
Students focus on developing an understanding of multiplication, division, and fractions, describing and analyzing specific properties of polygons and area.
- Use arrays to express multiplication problems and their solutions.
- Round whole numbers to the nearest 10 or 100 to advance skills in estimation.
- Apply mathematical properties of multiplication to simplify problems.
- Model, solve, and pose a variety of story problems to construct meaning for the operations of multiplication and division.
- Understand and efficiently apply various fraction models.
- Classify and categorize polygons.
- Calculate perimeter and area of polygons.
April 4, 2016 |Science