Music in Room 4
By the time children get to Room 4, they become better-versed musicians and they know how to play the xylophones, percussion instruments, and recorder. They play together as a group on the instruments, read and play notes on recorder, and continue to explore the joy of improvisation. Their singing is more developed and their vocal technique becomes more refined. Dances and movement are added to Orff pieces.
- Understand improvisation is a key element exploring their creative side and taking risks.
- Perform rhythmic patterns in 2/4, 3/4, 4/4, 5/4, 7/8, and take rhythmic dictation.
- Expand vocal range and continue to song with a healthy tone.
- Develop sight-singing skills and learn to part sing.
- Develop a repertoire of songs.
- Experience call and response songs and games from many cultures.
- Demonstrate beautiful tone on the recorder while playing fingerings for “BAGEDC”.