Mathematics in Room 5
Students focus on developing fluency with fractional and decimal operations, extending division proficiency to 2-digit divisors, expanding place value understanding for decimals, and understanding volume.
- Add and subtract fractions with unlike denominators.
- Read, write, round and compare decimals.
- Use patterns to multiply and divide decimals by powers of 10.
- Model, solve, and pose a variety of story problems to construct meaning for operations with fractions and decimals.
- Employ a variety of multiplication strategies to solve real world problems.
- Calculate surface area.
- Develop an understanding of volume.