Art in Second Grade
The elements of art and principles of design are reinforced throughout the year through students exploring and engaging with a variety of projects. A variety of new techniques are also introduced. Various artists continue to be explored in connection with projects.
- Apply concepts of foreground, middle -ground, and background to produce landscape compositions both in drawing and painting.
- Develop their painting skills by applying previously and newly learned watercolor techniques.
- Apply previously learned shading techniques to create the illusion of volume.
- Enhance their drawing skills through “point of view” understanding and application.
- Apply the use of one and two point perspective to draw a tangible object.
- Understand and apply three dimensional understanding through introduction to three-dimensional models, architectural representations, and clay pinch pots.
- Understand and apply artistic lettering while considering concepts of symmetry.
- Practice with embossing.
- Practice weaving skills through the study of weaving techniques.