Music in Second Grade
We improve solfege singing, singing in unison, solo singing and canons to perform beautiful music. Dance and creative movement inspired by visual arts, folk, classical, and popular music is also explored.
- Perform and experience syncopation in music and various rhythmic values.
- Practice working together, sharing responsibility and compromising with others to accomplish a common goal.
- Identify and perform time signatures in music such as 2/4, 3/4, 4/4.
- Expand vocal range to include octave from low “So” to high “So”.
- Read and perform “BAGEDC” on the soprano recorder.
- Improvise and create pentatonic obstinate patterns.
- Define phrase lengths and the ability to listen and recognize changes in musical quality, tempo, and melody.
- Create introductions, interludes, and codas for songs and instrumental pieces.