Mathematics in Third Grade
Students focus on advancing fluency of multiplication and division, understanding fraction equivalence and operations, and furthering classifications of geometric figures by properties.
- Use a variety of models and strategies to enrich and develop multiplicative thinking.
- Model, solve, and pose a variety of story problems to construct meaning for the operations of multiplication and division.
- Employ a variety of tools to model, read, write, compare, order, compose and decompose fractions and decimals.
- Add and subtract fractions with the same denominators.
- Analyze and classify geometric figures by symmetry, angle measures, perpendicularity, and sets of parallel lines.