Drawing (Art I)
The elements of art and principles of design are reinforced throughout the year through students exploring and engaging with a variety of drawing projects, continuing to work toward mastery on an individual basis. A wide variety of new drawing techniques are introduced, and various artists and time periods continue to be explored in connection with projects.
Skills in this course include:
- Understand and practice the realist perspective through drawing.
- Understand and practice contour and blind contour drawing techniques.
- Analyze one’s “self” and concepts of “identity” through self-portrait drawing.
- Identify and experiment with a variety of materials, techniques, processes, and technology through a variety of projects.
- Understand of multiple genres and perspectives through printmaking, pen and ink, charcoal, and colored pencil drawings.
- Utilize vocabulary associated with the elements of art and principles during the critiquing process.