Beginning in Upper School 1, we introduce Mirman students to the importance of information and media literacies. However, with understanding the tools necessary for being curators of knowledge, there is an expectation for scholarly practice with technology, and appropriate study skills that encourage self-advocacy and responsible learning.
- Articulate and set personal learning goals and establish measurable priorities.
- Develop strategies for using digital media (artifacts) as it relates to personal and social impacts
- Reflect on the information and organizational process as means for self-improvement.
- Plan and employ effective research strategies to locate information and other resources for their intellectual or creative pursuits.
- Evaluate the accuracy, perspective, credibility and relevance of information, media, data or other resources.
- Gather and synthesize information from paper to digital resources.
- Employ tools and methods to develop a portfolio that expresses productive conclusions.