Orff Percussion Ensemble
The Orff Percussion I Ensemble focuses on playing various pieces from all over the world using the Orff instruments, piano, drum set, Latin and world percussion instruments and the inclusion of instruments played and studied by students from their private study. On occasion, the students form a drum circle. The students study jazz rhythms that include syncopation, swing rhythm, off beats, and polyrhythms.
- Add different parts and develop more stability and independence on ensemble pieces.
- Focus on one's own part while playing with others.
- Demonstrate improvisation technique.
- Play echo and question/answer patterns.
- Experience collaboration and continue to build on sharing responsibility, compromising and accomplishing common goals.