Painting (Art II)
The elements of art and principles of design are reinforced throughout the year through students exploring and engaging with a variety of painting projects continuing to work toward mastery on an individual basis. Various new painting techniques are introduced, and a wide variety of artists and time periods continue to be explored in connection with projects. There is an emphasis on understanding art as a reflection of society and a form of communication.
- Use a variety of painting techniques for different media.
- Discern the mood communicated by color in an artwork; resulting in the ability to communicate such moods through color in their own paintings.
- Practice self-discovery as painters through the concepts of being body minded (abstract) or logical minded (realistic).
- Experiment with and analyze media, techniques, processes, and technology that enhance the communication of ideas.
- Apply techniques to mix paint to advance knowledge of color.
- Apply understanding of the five basic color schemes (triadic, complementary, split complementary, analogous, and monochromatic) and apply this understanding of these color schemes to their artwork.